Thursday, August 18, 2011

Project Runway Season 9 Episode 3



Trapeze Artist

This week's challenge was "Go Big or Go Home" and I had my initial design in my head from the get-go. I wanted to do a big ring and at first I thought I was going to create it using sheet metal and make a large, solid piece. Instead I constructed a lightweight "trapeze" form and added a kinetic element! The shape of the ring remained the same as it first presented itself in my head but the final concept was just a tad different that what it was going to be. I could not be more happy with how it turned out!
It is constructed out of sterling silver, copper and a really beautiful square faceted blue green chalcedony cabochon.

Here was our challenge (written by Nina Dinoff)

The Project Runway Challenge:
The designers were asked to design a piece for a model on stilts for the first ever outdoor runway show.

For our EtsyMetal Translation:
Since this challenge was all about going over the top, this week make it BIG, over the top, larger and crazier than you would normally do, but still trying to keep it wearable and fashionable. Should be a fun one!

No comments: